Jesus didn't do much sleeping when He was here.
I am starting to realize that getting comfortable either on the left or the right is a bad move. St. Paul taught the early followers of Christ that they should take on His attitude of humility. Philippians 2 sums up in this: Jesus gave up being God to be a man who died. He humbled Himself.
Jesus Christ had one agenda, THE WILL OF THE FATHER. And since it involved redeeming all things, had to involve the political. He chose to be one His face in loving obedience to the Father instead of laying on one side or the other.
The prayer of St. Francis leads us closer to that:
- Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace;
- where there is hatred, let me sow love;
- where there is injury, pardon;
- where there is doubt, faith;
- where there is despair, hope;
- where there is darkness, light;
- and where there is sadness, joy.
- O Divine Master,
- grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
- to be understood, as to understand;
- to be loved, as to love;
- for it is in giving that we receive,
- it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
- and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.